Fourcast recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of your personal health.
We are committed to protecting any client information that we retain. Confidentiality is maintained throughout our protection of your Personal Health Information.
Your CONSENT is required for us to collect, use, or share your information with anyone other than Fourcast staff, except where Ontario’s privacy legislation allows.
What is Consent?
Consent means giving permission to Fourcast staff to collect, use or disclose/share your Personal Health Information.
At Fourcast we will speak to you about signing a Consent Form to share your information. Before signing the consent form it is important that you understand:
- Why you are signing the consent – what is the purpose for collecting, using or sharing the information
- That you have the right to withhold or with draw your consent
- Consent provided verbally will be documented in your file
What is Personal Health Information?
Personal Health Information (PHI) includes any identifying information about your health or health care history, including physical and mental health.
- Medical Information
- Mental Health Information
- Information related to your substance use and/or gambling
- Information you share with your counsellor
- Information you share with Fourcast staff
- Your file at Fourcast
Personal Health and Information and Your Rights
- Right to be informed of the purpose for the collection, use, and disclosure of your PHI
- Right to refuse to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your PHI
- Right to withdraw your consent
- Right to access and request a copy of your file
- Right to have your PHI corrected
- Right to be notified if your PHI is lost, stolen, or accessed by unauthorized persons
- Right to make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario